maanantai 12. marraskuuta 2018

In English part II

A friend wrote to me it´s a pity one cannot understand my Finnish poems.
So I tranlated a couple in English.
It was difficult because I create words of my own,
such as "helmiäiskieli", "ihokuva", "vaahtomeri" 
(pearly strings, pictures of skin, the foamy sea)
words that you don´t find in a dictionary. And also difficult
because the lack of practise.
How did I do? What do you think?
.
.
Hämärät laitumet



päivänverhosta kannettu
hämärän laitumet
sanojen tieltä hyönteiset.
Liekki väsyy
saaret irtoavat vedestä
saarekkeet pellosta
rungot maasta, latvat juurista
pimeys erottaa laulut linnuista

tämä kuva näistä käsistä
katseen kuvasta, silmäsi;
sinut minusta;
viidakon kaihoisin laulaja
havumetsän hartia
hyväily sylissäni,
yhä syvemmät
sadeveden jäljet



Dusky pastures have been carried
out of the daylight´s curtain
insects give way to words.
The flame gets tired
islands set off from the water
woods set off from the field
trunks off the earth, tree tops off the roots
darkness separates songs from the birds

this picture from these hands
the look sets off from the picture, your eyes
you from me;
the most longing singer of the jungle
pine forest´s shoulder
the caress in my arms,
deeper and deeper
the marks of rain
.
.
.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti